Monday 16 February 2015

Mersey beat to winter Waxwing





My third and final site to visit was a garden by Orrell Water Park near Wigan. The journey took me within sight of the famous Liver Birds building before crossing the Mersey tunel past Anfield to Orrell. 

I parked up in the Water Park and made the two minute walk to a garden where a local birder had put out many local treats for the local birds and apples for Waxwings. 

As soon as I could see the tree there was a beautiful female bird sat feeding on one of the apples. I managed to get a few digiscoped images but was an effort making sure the house was not in the background. I think privacy of the resident is more important than getting the right light for a digiscope. 

The bird fed quietly and then went across into the park where I managed to get the top image with him sat up very high surveying the local area.

The journey home was a smooth two hours. A brilliant days birding with Hen Harriers, Long-eared Owl, Laughing Gull and Waxwing being the highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment