Monday 24 June 2019

Pure patch gold - Avocet on Sunday stroll


Avocet video
Bee Orchid
Prymidal Orchid
Little Owl
Avocet on main pit
Long-tailed Tit
Long-tailed Tit

Saturday turned out to be a very interesting day staring with the Little Owl showing well on the local farm.It was then down to the pits without any expectations. I found it fascinating watching some fledgling Long-tailed Tits but as I turned round to start scanning the island I picked up an Avocet on the back of the main island. It's a species I've wanted to see here since I started patch birding and finally the wait was over. 

The Avocet was getting hassle from the local Lapwings which probably pressured the bird to finally leave that evening. Another one for our year list. 

Only other birds of note were 2 Green Sandpipers, 3 Oystercatcher & a male Yellow Wagtail.

No comments:

Post a Comment