Monday 10 February 2020

Ferruginous Duck at Seeswood Pool

Ferruginous Duck

View from the causeway
  

After doing the WeBS count early at the pits I was still keen to make the most of Saturday with Storm Ciara due to hit the UK on Sunday.

Dave Hutton had reported the first winter Ferruginous Duck was back at Seeswood Pool and with it only being forty minutes from home it was worth a drive. I was expecting to see a few other birders but I had the causeway to myself. The striking looking duck was always with the Tufted Duck flock in the middle of the pool but the winter sunshine allowed me to get some reasonable footage. 

I've not seen that many of this species so really nice to see this bird in near adult plumage.

If you are going to try and see this bird please be aware there is no parking other than on the patch past the pool if arriving from the south. The Pool is private and viewing is from the causeway only where a stunning Grey Wagtail was flying up and down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment