Thursday 3 June 2021

Birding in the highlands


Black Guillemot
 
Black Guillemot
 
Black Guillemot
 
Highland view

 
The Kelpies



Black Guillemot

Glencoe Pass


Mull in distance



Highland Cattle

Black Guillemot

Red-brested Meganser
Black Guillemot

Location


Whilst in the highlands of Scotland I managed to see some great birds. As I passed Glencoe I had a male Hen Harrier fly over the car and up into the pass. I had one in same area on my previous visit.

Whilst waiting for the rain to clear at Glasdrum I recorded Whimbrel, Curlew and Red-brested Meganser, this was the same area as the Otters. 

In Oban I had the pleasure of watching the Black Guillemots in the harbour at very close quarters. The best place to watch them was around the Alexander Hotel. There was also a Hooded Crows flying up and down the promonade.

News from the pits - Absolutley no news of note. Very much hard work for everyone at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment