Thursday 18 December 2014

Rough-legged Buzzard & Barn Owls close day

Pink-feet flying over Burnham Ovary 
Holme
Holme

Next stop of the weekend was Burnham Overy where I quickly located one of the long staying Rough-legged Buzzards. Most of time it was sat on the same fence post however I did get one good flight view through the scope. The area also had a number of Common Buzzards, clearly food supply must be ideal for this species.

Rather than walk towards Gun Hill we opted to head to Holme (never easy to drive past Titchwell). On the coastline there were Oystercatchers, Knot and a couple of Sanderlings.

With the light fading I picked up a pair of Barn Owls hunting the fields at the back of village. I never get enough of watching these amazing birds. A handful of other birders were also present hoping for a Short-eared Owl but sadly no luck on this occasion.I've added a super video produced by the BBC to remind us how great Barn Owl's are.

No comments:

Post a Comment