Tuesday 11 May 2021

Pits & pieces as Fritillary season commences



Whinchat


Always greets me on my walk


Common Sandpiper

Pearl-bordered Fritillery on a bluebell


Pearl-bordered Fritillery


Holly Blue

Mrs D in forest

Minotaur Beetle (?)

Pearl-bordered Fritillery

Common Lizzard

Small Copper

 Small Copper

Just the one year tick at the pits this week however I didn't visit at the weekend. On Monday, I picked up 7 Sanderling that circled the pit three times before getting gradually higher & moving on. My own first Whinchat was a pleasing find however the bird was very mobile making any photography difficult. There wasn't anything else of note.

We visited Buttonoak on Sunday to see our first fritillaries of the year. We had to work very hard for the four Pearl-bordered individuals we saw as part of our three hour visit. A quick stop on the way home at Hartlebury saw me record a Small Copper which was my 13th species of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment