Monday 19 September 2022

Norfolk birding & racing

 Pallid Harrier

Sandering & Dunlin
Juvenile Sedge Warbler
Spoonbill
Golden Plover

Avocets
Black-tailed Godwit
Golden Plover
Ruff
Golden Plover
Redshank
Wader flocks at Snettisham
Egyptian Goose
My annual leave year finishes each September and faced with the option of using it or using it, I decided to take a two-day visit to Norfolk. The first day would be around the north-west coast line before I headed east for a day at Yarmouth Racecourse (My 51st in the UK). 

It seemed like a long time since I'd been birding along the coast road and it was a pleasurable experience. I visited three separate locations and my sightings were as follows:-

RSPB Snettisham

10 Curlew Sandpiper, 5 Grey Plover, others waders numbers I didn't count but the numbers were large of Bar & Black-tailed Godwit, Knot, Ringed Plover, Sanderling, Dunlin, Oystercatcher, 2 Marsh Harrier, 11 Spoonbill, 6 Pink-footed Geese, Great Skua & Turtle Dove.

RSPB Titchwell

Bearded Tits,Teal, 8 Ruff, Great White Egret, 500 Golden Plover, 6 Spoonbill, 25 Avocet, Black & Bar-tailed Godwit, Shelduck, Teal, Grey Plover

Holkham

Pallid Harrier & Pink-footed Geese

No comments:

Post a Comment