Tuesday 20 October 2015

Salthouse & Cley - Norfolk October Day Trip (Part 3)

 Cley Visitor Centre
 Got to be done
 Salthouse beach
Water Rail heading into hiding - taken with phone

Next stop was Salthouse and Cley. The sea was very rough at Salthouse so I had 20 minutes sea-watching but the only birds I picked up was Gannets that were being forced to fly much closer to the shoreline than normal. 

Two Water Rail greeted me as I opened the hide window on Cley Marshes. In all honesty there wasn’t really anything of great note so I retreated to the visitor centre for a coffee and a ginger slice. Whilst stuffing my face I picked up a Short-eared Owl coming in off the sea being harassed by two gulls. As I picked it up early I managed to get other people sat by me on to the bird including a small travel group. The guide was well happy and duly thanked me.

No comments:

Post a Comment