Sunday 15 November 2015

November Red-crested Pochard at pits

Red-crested Pochard 
Red-crested Pochard 
Female Scaup

The weekend enabled me to visit the pits twice despite the poor weather and high winds. Saturdays highlight were the returning female Scaup on the main pit which I manage to digiscope as best as I could.

My Sunday visit took place with the wife when we headed down in the late afternoon. When we reached the middle lagoon we found Mark who was watching a female Red-crested Pochard that had been found my Jon when doing the WEBS count during morning. This was the first time I'd seen this species at Salford Priors and gives me a valuable point in the patchwork challenge.

Wildfowl count included 18 Cormorant, 22 Little Grebe, 20 Greylag, 1 Shelduck, 27 Wigeon, 24 Gadwall, 94 Teal, 127 Mallard, 10 Shoveler, 9 Pochard, 47 Tufted Duck, 48 Coot, 65 Lapwing, 16 Snipe. Whilst other species included a adult male Peregrine, female Stonechat and a Green Sandpiper (Pophills). 

No comments:

Post a Comment