Sunday 26 June 2016

Chicks galore at Upton Warren

Redshank chick
Redshank
Redshank chick
Egyptain Geese 
Egyptain Goose
Mute Swans
Common Terns
Avocet
Coot family

Last day of freedom before my operation (which will take me off my feet for a week), I opted for morning at Upton Warren for a guarantee fest of chicks, good birds & good company.

Starting at the Moors there looked to be six Common Tern chicks on the rafts. As I reached the sailing pool two Egyptain Geese were a welcome addition to my Upton list. They are certainly not an easy species to catch up there however these two showed vey well enabled me to take a few nice shots.

Next stop was the hen hide where Andy Pit and I watched at least three Water Rail chicks with their parents trying to keep them rounded up as best as possible.

Down at the Flashes it was brilliant to witness the recently hatched Redshank chicks exploring the habitat. I do hope they don't wander to far and catch the eye of the large gulls hanging around. Avocet young were recorded at 15 whilst there were seven Shelduck ducklings.

No comments:

Post a Comment