Sunday 28 January 2018

Ladywalk visit








I wish Ladywalk was closer to home. A well managed reserve with a superb range of habitats, the only downside is the dreaded combination locks on the gate that never seem easy to navigate .

The car park feeders duly delivered a Willow Tit which was a bonus as I didn't see any last year. After entering the reserve I found a couple of trees had fallen on the perimter patchs. I did message the team and by late afternoon they had all been cleared … amazing !

A Sparrowhawk flew straight past me as I headed to the new hide infront of the feeders. The feeders were very busy with Great & Blue Tits, Robins, Greenfinches, Reed Nuntings, & Great Spotted Woodpeckers.

Five Goosanders & a Marsh Tit were a first for the year whilst additional sightings included a Shelduck, 24 Wigeon, 5 Pochard, 25 Cormorant, 21 Tufties, 75 Lapwing & 2 Grey Herons.

No comments:

Post a Comment