Sunday 28 January 2018

Peregrine finally added at pits

Patch Peregrine
Pophills Teal
Increase of water levels
Winter Lapwings
After a false dawn ten days perviously I'm really hoping I've turned the corner with this shocking chest / flu infection. On Sunday, I attempted to get some air for first time for a number of weeks. Restricted in walking distance I drove around the recording area taking in as many areas as I could. 

Best sighting of the morning was a male Peregrine sat out on the rough ground by the main pit. It was so good to hear the Skylarks singing & the Lapwings in the sky.

Other sightings included 350 Greylag, 250 Canada Geese, Sparrowhawk, 3 Buzzard, 3 Green Sandpiper, 80 Teal, 2 Pochard, 3 Shelduck, 5 Skylark, 4 Wigeon, 9 Shoveler, 2 Mute Swan, a Raven & 150 Lapwing.

The Linnet flock are still at Pitchill but seems to have reduced in size since the turn of the year. There were 270 Lapwing by the river at Abbots Salford. 

No comments:

Post a Comment