Friday 20 April 2018

A little blasé



With the car needing an overnight stay in the garage to be finished off, I stayed around the pits on Tuesday hoping for some movement. It was still pretty cold as I left the car but within a few steps I picked up a reeling Grasshopper Warbler round the edges of the over grown bramble by the pond. It only reeled once for about 20-25 seconds but despite having a really good search I couldn't find it. This was my first Gropper on site for three years so pleasing all the same.

The main pit was very active with birds - 20 Black-headed Gulls & 8 Common Gulls all sat on the water. These were my first Common Gulls of the year and the morning got better when I picked up two  Little Gulls in flight heading from Pophills direction. They flew over the main pit and continued their journey east. To be honest I was rather blasé about them, I was too busy trying to get news out to other pitters to even try and get a photo.

From there I tried driving the lanes searching the fields for Wheatears or Wagtails with no avail. Roll on tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment