Friday 22 April 2016

The Romsley Hoopoe








On Thursday I'd just got to junction 2 of M5 when my phone went off "Hoopoe at Romsley", I turned the car around to make the very short 7 minute journey to Romsley where the bird could be seen in a large tree on the outskirts of a paddock.

I did consider returning on the way to work the following morning but the light was poor however I couldn't resist a turn off the M5 again on the way home to see if the bird was showing any better. Those hopes were duly delivered as I pulled up I could see the bird through the edge feeding in on the paddock grounds.

According to the stable staff the bird was first seen last Saturday.  Only recently the Black Country had a long staying Hoopoe in Kingswinford entertaining many.

If you do intend to go, park carefully as a few of the local white van drivers do bomb along that road very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment