Saturday 2 April 2016

Vulture feeding at the Senegambia (Day 2)

Vultures gather





 Yellow-billed Kite
Long-tailed Glossy Starling 

Considering the reputation of the Senegambia Hotel I must admit I was some what under whelmed on my visits. Located next to our hotel it was easy to walk around the grounds to extend my morning stroll. The hotel was very different to our own, being very busy and far more commercial and lacking any personal touch. 

The daily vulture feeding is well worth seeing as over 100 Hooded Vultures, 50 Yellow-billed Kites and 3 Black Kites gather in the garden to be fed and watered. A local told me that since the hotel had been taken over and more rooms built some of the habitat has been destroyed effecting the birding there. I could only find one species of Starling, whilst apparently four had been present years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment