Wednesday 9 July 2014

Night-Heron at Pittville Park

 My digiscoped image through the trees
Pittville Park's location in Cheltenham
Vern Wright's brilliant shot earlier in the day

During my lunch time check of local sightings I noticed a Night-Heron had returned to Pittville Park in Cheltenham so the temptation was to strong especially after I had spoken to Vern Wright who told me he had got some great images.

On arrival I was surprised how small the lake was where the Heron had been seen and it was playing hide and seek so it took me around 10 minutes to locate the bird who was feeding in the thick undergrowth. I managed to observe him catch and eat a huge fish before working his way along the bank before heading up a large tree.

The bird itself was a real looker and very handsome. I'd only seen one previously so it was a pleasure to catch up with one within 40 minutes from home. Fingers crossed the bird hangs around to give time for another visit. With a couple of birds around the country perhaps we might get one at Arrow Valley, then again…………...


No comments:

Post a Comment