Saturday 16 January 2016

Marsh Tit & Merlin provides light relief from hospital stay

Hospital visit
Marsh Tit
Goldcrest
Pink-footed Goose
View of pits from A46 bridge
View of Pophills from A46 bridge
Coffee & Dundee Cake - Hilliers Speciality

I experienced some ill health at the start of January resulting in two days in hospital so I've really been restricted in attendance.  This blog records visits before hospital stay and two short visits since as I've tried to get back on my feet. The first visit was just to Hilliers Coffee shop where I saw a nice selection of birds on the feeders including my first patch Marsh Tit. 

Other annual additions when driving around the pits included a male Merlin chasing its quarry, Yellowhammers, Linnets, Bullfinch whilst the Pink-foot was present until the 8th. Paul Hands recorded the Pink-foot and also observed 7 Whooper Swans that flew low south over the main pit also on the 8th.

My species count has reached 64 species at the site to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment