Sunday 21 May 2017

Lyme Regis Dippers

My favourite shot of an adult
Hungry juvenile
Final morning shot in better light
Recently fledged juvenile
Get set
Ready to dive
This juvenile on a garden fence
Distant shot of young family
Dipper outside shop taken with phone
Grey Wagtail
Water Vole
Pied Wagtail
The Cobb at Lyme Regis
House Martin

To be honest I've never had time to go looking for Dippers when staying in Lyme Regis as my schedule has been busy enough with birding & family pursuits outside the town. This break I decided I'd spend the time even though I expected a long walk up hill out of the town. Turning right out of the cottage I had to take a whole fifty yards before seeing my first of four adult Dippers ! With the adults were a number of juveniles of various ages, I couldn't get an accurate count of juveniles as they were flying around endlessly chasing food from their parents. Within the location of the Dippers were two families of Grey Wagtails. This is bar none the best location I've ever seen Dippers, a huge advantage is the River Lym is only a couple of feet wide & also sneaks past in local Brewery which we made a habit of frequenting. 

Other species noted around the town were Swifts, House Martin, Herring Gulls & Pied Wagtails.

1 comment:

  1. Hi the link for the blog is philtaylor24.blogspot.com
    Thanks PHil

    ReplyDelete