Tuesday 19 March 2019

Ring-necked Duck at Westwood Pool, Worcestershire





Fellow Salford Priors GP birder Mike Inskip made a super find this week at Westwood Pool in west Droitwich. It was a very smart drake Ring-necked Duck and he kindly shared the news and access had been given by Westwood Wayne. I made a sharp exit out of work to ensure I had plenty of time to see the bird. 

It's a species I have thinking we have a genuine chance of getting locally with the prolonged westerly winds this winter. 

Westwood Pool is reported to be 60 ha is part of Westwood Park in which the stately home of Westwood House stands.The house is a grade 1 building and is particularly stunning. In previous visits I've recorded Red-necked & Black-necked Grebe there. Speaking to Wayne on site, it was the 198th species recorded on the site.

Whilst on site I recorded my first Cetti Warbler of the year and there was also a singing Chiffchaff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment