Sunday 14 July 2019

Dark Green Fritillary & a World Cup Semi Final










With a major work project heading towards a crescendo in the coming weeks I jumped at the chance to take a couple of extra days off with the forecast set fair. The first day was spent at Edgbaston with the legendary Mark Brind watching England beat Australia to reach the World Cup final. 

Given the vast amounts of alcohol consumed I was in relative good order the following morning although I did still have Sweet Caroline ringing in my ears. With the sun shining I headed out to a couple of sites close to Bewdley with Butterly Dave hoping to catch up with the emerging Dark Green Fritillarys.

We did exceedingly well and recorded three of the species at both sites in addition to some Essex and Large Skippers & a 2 Silver Washed Fritillary. We actually witnessed a pair mating which was a first for Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment