Wednesday 30 October 2019

Eden Project & Hayle birding

Eden Project
Meditarran Zone
Quite a structure
Warm conditions inside the pods
When the rain stopped
Eden Project
Osprey
 Grey Plover & Wigeon
Grey Plover
Bar-tailed Godwit
Med Gull
Grey Plovers

My annual pilgrimage started with a days birding in Cornwall. As I reached Devon the rain got very heavy and with no sign of it stopping for a few hours I took a detour to the Eden Project. It's a destination I've wanted to visit for a long time and it did not disappoint. 


  Then I headed to Hayle where my first bird was an Osprey that appeared above me and circled before disappearing into the sun. Down on the estuary there was a wide selection of birds including Bar-tailed Godwits, Grey Plover, Med Gulls, Redshank, Wigeon, Teal, Lapwing & Curlew.

No comments:

Post a Comment