Monday 28 March 2022

Garganey pair at Norgrove Court, Redditch

Rather pleased with this one 

Always something special to see Garganey this close



Little Egret on main lake
Norgrove Court

Norgrove Court is only a couple of minutes from home and I occasionally call in if passing. The lake is very narrow and with no scrapes it's unlikely to attract any waders. Ducks normally like wide areas of water so I was very surprised to get a text from Chris Lane that he had seen a pair of Garganey in the channel between the pools at dusk. Needless to say, I was there early the following morning where I was delighted to see both birds still present. My first sighting was in the channel and then later on they were on the small garden pool at the back of the property. Thankfully, there was a large gap in the hedgerow enabling some fantastic views of the ducks. The male bird was calling at regular intervals, I'd never witnessed this call before.

Other species recorded were Little Egret, Canada Goose, Greylag, Tufted Duck, Mallard, Chiffchaff, Green Woodpecker, Song Thrush, Goldfinch & Nuthatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment