Friday 12 August 2022

Stork surprise in Bromsgrove




 

I followed up a report on social media that a pair of Storks had roosted in Catshill on Wednesday evening. With no specific details regarding the location, I just drove around the main routes scanning roof tops. With a bit of luck, I actually found them perched high by the playing field.

I took a few images before walking back to the road to see a could get a road name to tell Mark who was on the way. Just as I reached the road, the birds took flight, reaching a great height quickly. The local gulls started harassing the Storks which forced them to drift north not to be seen again.

It turned out the Storks were from a "wild zoo" in south Wales. Good luck catching those! Certainly made for a welcome break.




No comments:

Post a Comment