Tuesday 25 October 2016

Farmoor for Grey Phalarope & bacon sardie










I needed a later start on Sunday as I was feeling tired from the previous day & perhaps a glass too many on the evening. So once I was up and about I headed to Farmoor Reservoir to have an enjoyable hour watching a Grey Pharalope at very close quarters. 

For a while I was there on my own until I joined by a couple of jolly photographers from Swindon (Dave & Dave). This arctic breeding wader paid no attention at all to the audience and just went about it’s feeding without a care in the world.  


With the ears getting cold I retreated to the sailing club cafĂ© where the “Daves” tipped me off to a bargain. They weren’t wrong, £1.50 for a coffee & bacon sandwich (did lack HP sauce though) was just the job as I headed back to Salford Priors.

No comments:

Post a Comment