Sunday 15 April 2018

Ibis & Scoter double at Upton Warren














Upton Warren provided me with two bonus visits this week with a Common Scoter on the Sunday and a Glossy Ibis on Wednesday. Neither bird was particularly close and the dull light made any image taking very difficult. 

The drake Scoter was discovered on Sunday from the cafeteria. Whilst the bird was always distant the scope views were good. Sadly the Sailing Clubs speed boat was flying round (with no point at all) scaring the bird on a number of occasions. I got my better shots after it had been flushed, landing nearer to the shore line.

Then I was back after work on Wednesday to see an immature Glossy Ibis, my first for Upton Warren, feeding in a wet field, viewed from archery field. The Ibis was only the third record for the reserve and my first in Worcestershire.

The best news of the day was that the Glossy Ibis was Mike Inskips 200th species on reserve, well done sir. A real gentleman of Worcestershire birding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment