Monday 9 March 2020

Snow Bunting at Titterstone Clee Hill

Old quarry at Titterstone
Snow Bunting (Anthony Page)
 Even the Bunting was cold (Anthony Page)
Always a pleasuure to see at close quarters (Anthony Page)
Witley Court
Witley Court

I don't tend to venture towards Shropshire very often as I don't like making the journey I make on a Monday to Friday. However on Saturday we thought we would try and beat the weather by making an early start & and do Titterstone Clee Hill. It's only an hour from home, the route had some serious pot holes that I was glad to avoid.

There were a couple of Stonechats after turning off the main road up the quarry and there were plenty of singing Skylarks. Raven flew over head honking as I walked over to speak to Anthony from Alcester. As we chatted I dropped my camera hard on the road, instantly knowing the camera's life was over and this was confirmed as I switched it on. Totally gutting and I should have checked the clip was on properley. Anthony was kind enough to send me some photos of the showy Snow Bunting that took around fifteen minutes to show. 

From there we headed in Ludlow for a walk & brunch before stopping at the stunning Witley Court when back into Worcestershire. There I noted a Grey Wagtail, Mute Swan, Buzzard and Skylark.



No comments:

Post a Comment