Sunday 7 November 2021

Scillies - Day 6 - Woodlark at 12th attempt on wet & windy day

        Woodlark

                                                Penninis Head

                                               Penninis Head

Woodlark have given me a run around before and despite missing this one a number of times I would not be beaten on day 6. My tactics would be stay in area and just keep trying and at the same time work through finch flocks.

Due to the weather we didn't leave the house until late morning and after a few more tries there was the Woodlark feeding along the hedge. I watched the bird well for over ten minutes before it took flight into a field out of view. Persistence paid off. I'd never got an image of Woodlark before so this was a first. Scilly giving me great views I'd not seen well previously. The forecast looked better for following day, so fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment