Saturday 29 October 2022

Lesser Yellowlegs on route to Isles of Scilly











The end of October always sees me heading out to the Isles of Scilly for the traditional "Teachers' Week". I've seen some nice birds on the Friday before I fly over the years and this year proved to be no exception as I undertook birding around the Hayle Estuary before staying overnight.

My target bird was a Lesser Yellowlegs which showed fantastically in Copperhouse Creek. I then meandered around the estuary, which has a lovely selection of birds which included Greenshank, Ringed Plover, Wigeon, Teal, Dunlin, Little Egret and a Little Stint. The Little Stint appeared to show some webbing, causing a crazy five minutes, but it must have been the angle of the sun.

An excellent start to my week off work.

No comments:

Post a Comment