Thursday 3 April 2014

Common Tern returns to Upton

Common Tern (3rd April, Upton Warren)

At the end of March my total on Birdtrack was 174 whilst UK400 was 176. Birds still missing are Mandarin, Woodcock, Swallow (landed this afternoon 3/4), Housemartin, Bittern, Woodcock and Common Sandpiper.

April should bring in plenty of additions which will hopefully include Wood Sandpiper, Garganey, Whimbrel, Black Tern, Common Tern (landed this afternoon 3/4), Arctic Tern, Cuckoo, Hobby, Whinchat, Redstart, Yellow Wagtail, Reed Warbler, Sedge Warbler, Grasshopper Warbler, Whitethroat, Lesser Whitethroat, Swift.


April also brings the start of the cricket season so I’ll be umpiring around many of the beautiful grounds of Worcestershire. I’ve decided to undertake an umpiring list where I only record birds seen whilst officiating in the middle. Tricky may be but last year I saw a Lesser Spot and Common Tern so lets give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment