Friday 5 September 2014

Day return to Norfolk

Wolferton Traingle Car Phone Shot
 Sea watching at Titchwell
 Parrinder Hide at Titchell
 Digoscoped Ruff
Spoonbills at Titchwell
 More Spoonbills this time at Stiffkey Fen
Stiffkey Fen
 Marsh Harrier hunting the reeds at Cley
Cley

On Thursday I headed to Norfolk rather than my original selection of Minsmere that were pretty much the same distance away. An early start gave me some clear passage and given   the time saved I opted to turn into the Wolferton triangle to try and see a mystical Golden Pheasant. I have tried a number of times before and I so nearly just carried on however as I was leaving the triangle a Male bird was strutting round ! Lifer. I did get a poor distance photo shot but I was very pleased to cast my eyes on one of these birds.

It was then on to Titchwell. I headed straight down to the beach but the wind was blowing in the wrong direction so sightings were 2 Arctic Skua's, Sandwich Tern, 15 Common Scoter and a handful of Eider ducks. I did note my first Kingfisher at Titchwell, seen just behind the beach and then moment later a Hobby was giving chase to a late Swift.




No comments:

Post a Comment