Tuesday 8 May 2018

Salford Priors GP latest







Time for a quick catch up with latest sightings. Arctic Tern found by the Squire on 27th April was a welcome year tick for the patch, the bird fed for around 20 minutes before heading north.

The Wheatear passage remains dreadful however I did find one midweek which was the second for the year at the pits and also my first on site.

On Saturday I thought I try and do as many of the habitats in depth to see if I could muster up a reasonable score in the West Midland All-dayer. To be honest it was very tough going but it was for all the West Midlands area. I didn't really bag anything out of the ordinary but due to the lack of movement  everywhere else my solo score of 77 looked very reasonable. Best birds were Cuckoo, Great Crested Grebe, Swift & Common Sandpiper. 

I didn't visit on Sunday opting for morning in the forest (see next blog) but Monday there did seem an influx of Common Whitethroats. 

The only other sighting to report was a Hobby seen by Paul Rhodes on the south of the pits by the A46 taking our year list to 115.


No comments:

Post a Comment