Sunday 4 August 2019

Malvern Choughs on first day of summer break

Malvern Chough



Chough hang out
Stunning Malvern
Grayling
Small Heath
Gert & Mike from Upton were also looking for Grayling
Ready for walk ahead
Malvern view
I've got plenty of leave coming up this summer and autumn due to some lengthy extra hours managing a project at work. I took a couple of extra days to my annual week in August to get rid of a couple of days. 

My first day off was spend on the Malvern Hills which is just a couple of junctions down the M5. Two juvenile Choughs had been seen on the Herefordshire Beacon so given the super weather I headed up to explore. The previous afternoon the birds had disapperared for a few hours so I thought it might not be an easy task. Thankfully, the Chough couldn't have been any more confiding with the pair showing down to 15 feet not taking any notice of the couple of admirers.

From there I headed across to North Hill where I observed my first Grayling butterfly. This was a real scramble (in case you were thinking of going). I also noted a Small Heath & a Hummingbird Hawk Moth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment