Monday 26 August 2019

Wall at Wenlock Edge

Wall
Wall
Wall
Wall
Stunning views
View towards the Long Mynd
Speckled Wood
On Saturday I had rare visit to Shropshire in the hope of seeing a Wall butterfly. Whilst still pretty common on the coast inland terriorties are uncommon. My destination of Wenlock Edge where I was met by a friendly ranger who assured me I was it the right place but it was too windy for butterflies.

Thankfully the 0.5km took me through the woodland to the limestone areas where thankfully there were numerous butterflies. It took a while to see a Wall still and to get a photograph but I estimated I saw between 12-15. Painted Ladies were numerous as were Speckled Woods, Meadow Browns and Peacocks.

Bird wise I recorded a family of Spotted Flycatcher, 2 Buzzard and a Marsh Tit.

No comments:

Post a Comment