Sunday 3 November 2019

Scillies - Day 6 - Early depature needed

Black Redstart
Black Redstart
Black Redstart
Oystercatchers
Blyth's Reed Warbler (Whats App Group)
Whooper Swan
Tresco from the air
St Marys from the air

It always interesting to note how birds just appear on the islands. Reaching Portcressa there were four Black Redstarts whilst on all my previous days on islands I hadn't seen one.

A Whooper Swan had appeared at Porthloo which was in the bay close to the beach where the Oystercatchers were feeding.  I picked up a present in the town for Mrs D before waiting for the taxi to the airport. We swung past the recently found Blyth's Reed Warbler, found by Adam, before being dropped off. 

I'd never flown on this service before and I must say I'd highly reccomend it. The 14 minute flight gave me great views of the islands, upon landing my transfer to Penzance was waiting for me. Top class service. I'd certainly consider this in the future. 

Another great break on the Scillies in great company for a very reasonable price.  Many thanks to house captain Paul Freestone for his continued hospitality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment