Friday 3 January 2014

Diver on return to work and gym

It was the dreaded return to work and gym on the 2nd January of which both were equally painful. However I did manage the short drive from work to Swan Pool within Sandwell to watch a juvenile Great Northern Diver. There is a great numbers of divers around the coasts and inland at the moment. The sun restricted viewing and the time he was diving seemed very remarkable.

I dropped in at RSPB Sandwell however a blowing cold wind restricted my interest as well as the local dog walkers letting their lovely animals snarl and grunt at me as I passed them. Sightings included 10 Goosander, Tufted Duck, Snipe, Grey Heron, Pochard among others. Certainly not my favourite place to go birding however they do seem to have tried to make improvements to the islands. The year list moved on to 47, hoping for a decent weather day on Saturday !


No comments:

Post a Comment