Sunday 26 January 2014

Sunday afternoon Twitch

 Worcester
 Hams Hall
Afternoon twitchers wait for another view

Heavy rain greeted me as I got up after yesterday's mammoth Norfolk session so restricted me to the hour long RSPB Garden Watch. The hour produced a just a single Wood Pigeon. A Dunnock teased me with a late arrival but sadly it was outside the allotted time.

I then needed to take my youngest to Kings School, Worcester for his cricket training. Whilst he trained hard I took a walk along the river and it was good to see the levels starting to lower. With the weather getting increasingly better I decided to try my luck after his training and head up the M42 to junction 9 to the strange location of Hams Hall to see the reported Hume's Yellow-Browed Warbler. This industrial estate had produced Firecrests in recent winters. The local sewage flow and river must produce a good range of food source. 

The reports were of the bird showing on and off so it was great that as soon as I set my scope up the little beauty popped up on a Hawthorn bush straight in front of the audience. It worked its way up the branches before flying to a near by tree where the photographers tried hard to get a clear image. Despite a further look I was unable to relocate much to annoyance of the late arriving twitchers who tried in vein for a sighting. A Green Woodpecker flew across the brambles as I turned and headed back to the car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment