Sunday 10 May 2020

Cuckoo time

Finally a clear shot of that Cuckoo
Cuckoo calling
Common Whitethroat
Common Blue
Argus
Small Heath
Young deer huddled together

Things have very much settled down at the pits now. Hirundine numbers vary for the condition, there were as many as 60 Swifts on Sunday, 150 Swallow, 80 House Martin and 50 Sand Martin. The Cuckoo numbers have increased to three, 2 males & 1 female. I was bemoaning my luck how they never show that well on Saturday when I perhaps captured my most pleasing image of a Cuckoo. 

During my walk on Sunday I recorded our first Dunlin of the year. Dunlin have become genuine patch gold since the water levels have increased. This little beauty took the site up to 102 for year.

We have some early butterfly broods emerge with Common Blue, Brown Argus & Small Heath all recorded around the main pit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment