Tuesday 19 May 2020

Duke of Burgundy at Rodborough Common

Duke of Burgundy

Duke of Burgundy
I love this pic

Duke of Burgundy
Green Hairstreak
Adonis Blue
Rodborough Common
Nice views towards Slimbridge

Part two of our jolly to Gloucestershire was Rodborough Common, some stunning open space with beautiful views. Ready for lunch, we sat down and tucked into our snacks out of the wind. Once again Dave had taken me to an amazing hotspot. A Green Hairstreak was the first butterfly we saw then my 44th UK lifer when four Duke of Burgundy emerged. The Dukes were smaller than I expected but certainly did not disappoint. To round up the day, Dave found an early Adonis Blue. Whilst we saw the butterfly in flight, he won't pose with wings open as the temperature had dropped.

A absolutley cracking day out, many thanks to Dave & Sue who led the way around enabling some fantastic views of two species I'd never seen before. Very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment