Monday 16 November 2020

Crossbills up the Lickeys

Crossbill delight

Lunch up

Stunning light through the forest

Can you see both birds?




 Stunning autumnal colours

Being born & bred in Kings Norton, Birmingham I've aways loved the Lickey Hills. It does seem a lot more popular these days than when I used to go with my grandparents and parents throughout the 1970's & 80's.

I've been there twice in recent weeks, the first time was to do a circuit with Mrs D and I followed that up with a lunchtime visit with the camera. 

This Autumn there are a flock of around 12-15 Crossbills flying around. They are fairly easy to pick up in flight but a bit more difficult to photograph. Thankfully on my second visit I managed to find three feeding that I could watch closely on the ridge the other side of the car park. 

No comments:

Post a Comment