Monday 30 November 2020

Heart of England forest morning walks

Barn Owl
                                           Fantastic habitat here
Tawny Owl
Stonechat
                                                  Better views
Lets make it a pair
                                                 Lesser Redpoll


I am are always pleased that habitat is being left to support wildlife by farmers at various locations. The farm by the pits and at the Hen Harrier location are great examples but I wonder if there were any hidden areas closer to home I am not aware of. The Heart of England Forest continues to expand so it might be best to try areas between Studley & the forest.

After a bit of mooching I found two super fields that looked brilliant for wildlife. After recording 20+ Lesser Redpoll & a pair of Stonechat I picked up a Barn Owl in flight which landed in the hedgerow between myself and the castle. The public right of way skirts the field which is good and viewing is possible for a central gate.

Good numbers of Fieldfare and Redwing were flying over and the hedges had attracted Goldcrest & Long-tailed Tits. On the far side of the field I found a roosting Tawny Owl. I took a couple of record shots before moving on. Certainly an area that is worth checking more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment