Sunday 4 January 2015

Targets for 2015


2014 brought many highlights and I am hoping for many more in 2015. I won't be pursuing my 264 year list total but will be maintaining a record out of interest. I'll continue my interest in an odd cheeky twitch but I will be spending more time at the Gravel Pits and trying for fine some hidden gems there. I will continue to visit good sites around the Midlands including the normal regular spots of Upton Warren and Arrow Valley Lake.

I've drawn up a list of target birds from the life list that remain outstanding :-

1) Wryneck
2) Wood Lark
3) White-Tailed Eagle
4) Storm Petrel
5) Short-toed Eagle
6) Pallid Harrier
7) Honey Buzzard
8) Corncrake
9) Cream-coloured Courser
10) Spotted Sandpiper
11) Red Phalarope
12) Wilson Phalarope
13) Ivory Gull
14) Franklins Gull
15) Caspian Tern
16) Great Spotted Cuckoo
17) Long-eared Owl
18) Bee-eater
19) Roller
20) Shore Lark

There are many more birds I could include but need to be realistic in terms of percentage chance that species will visit UK.  Cost and be able to go are also major factors.

No comments:

Post a Comment