Wednesday 28 January 2015

The "Cheltenham" Dartford Warbler

A rather pleasing digiscoped Dartford Warbler
                                                  Dartford Warbler
Dartford Warbler
Stonechat

I couldn't resist the diversion on the way home from the Forest of Dean to Pittville Park, Cheltenham for a second attempt to see the wintering Dartford Warbler. This long tailed warbler has ended up in an area on wild flowers in the same park that contained the Night Heron last year, amazing.

There was a handful of photographers who were on site when I arrived so I made my way round to the far side of the flower bed. Apparently the bird had been skulking low in the grass but it wasn't any surprise to me that the bird was keeping a low profile for a period of time.

After about 40 minutes the Dartford Warbler sprung on to a flower branch allowing me to get a great scope view. It then proceeded to follow the two regular Stonechats around the flower bed allowing every one present to get some brilliant views. 

No comments:

Post a Comment