Tuesday 28 April 2015

Little Gull at Earlswood

Nice comparison with Black-headed Gull
Little Gull
Close up digiscope
Common Tern
Little Gull

I was all set and ready to go out for a cycle on Monday however the temptation to see a Little Gull proved to much so I made the fifteen minute drive to Earlswood.

On reaching the causeway I scanned both pools before picking up the little beauty flying with the Black-headed Gulls on Windmill Pool (left of causeway). I walked closer down to get some better views. The Gull was flying past me repeatingly within twenty five feet allowing me to see in detail the all black head and eye, black underwing, rounded white tip on wing and size comparison. 

This is by far the best I've seen a Little Gull and I'd urge anyone to go and see it if it hangs around. 

There were around 30-40 Common Terns that came through as it rained but sadly no Arctics.

I did head down to Salford Priors after but sadly no Terns at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment