Thursday 9 April 2015

Ouzelling about on Titterstone Clee Hill

Not a bad sight when getting out of the car
Ring Ouzel
Ring Ouzel
Ring Ouzel
Old Quarry workings
Great place on a calm day
Titterstone Clee Hill Summit
Wheatear (down low)
Wheatear (up above)

With one final day off before returning to work I headed west to Shropshire for a bit of ouzelling at Titterstone Clee Hill. With the weather looking beautiful the hour drive soon past. 

Upon getting out of the car I picked up a Ring Ouzel towards the summit and grabbed a quick digiscoped image just incase I didn't pick another one up. The old workings was looking as eerie as ever but was relatively bird free so I headed up towards the summit. As I headed upwards I past a number of Wheatears, Meadow Pipits and Skylarks.

Towards the top I located a pair of Ring Ouzels so I sat down on a comfortable clump of grass and watched the birds feeding on earth worms along the rocks and grass on the summit above the old workings. It always amazes me how distinctive their striking white breast band is. These birds will be refuelling here before they continue their path further north to their breeding grounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment