Wednesday 17 June 2020

Silver-studded Blue becomes my 50th UK photographed butterfly at Prees Heath










There was no stopping me after a great day at Spurn the previous day. Shropshire isn't a place I visit that often so the chance to get two butterflies on my photography quest and meet up with friends (social distancing) was too good to miss out on.

This special butterfly has a very restricted distribution around the UK but can be numerous at those locations.

The forecast looked idea however on arrival at Prees Heath is was cold and damp. On the plus side the Silver-studded Blues were roosting all together enabling me to get some really pleasing shots. This was my 50th UK species, I was surprised I got to see this stunning species whilst it was drizzling.

We did return after lunch when the sun had come out and I would have estimated there were 100+ on the wing where I took advantage to get a few wing open photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment