Tuesday 27 April 2021

Ticking along nicely

                           Grasshopper Warbler(one of my fav pics ever taken)
                                      Second Gropper of the morning
                                                 Common Terns
                                                Distant Little Gull
                                             I just liked this photo
                                                    Little Gull
                                              Video montage
                                                Wood Sandpiper
                                             Arty Wood Sandpiper
                                  Bonaparte's Gull(taken from footpath)
                     Close up taken by John Belsey from inside the reserve

There has been some nice birds to be seen over the last week all within twenty miles of home in a range of habitats. This started on the previous Monday when I found two Grasshoper Warblers at Morgrove Coppice. On Saturday I nipped over to Earlswood to see my first Little Gull & Common Terns of the year. Then after being battered by the wind all Saturday afternoon at the cricket I headed for a bit of cover on Sunday for my annual Nightingale pilgrimage. On the way back home I called in at Clifton where I enjoyed great views of a Bar-tailed Godwit, Whimbrel, Wheatear & 20+ Yellow Wagtail. A Wood Sandpiper at Grimley rounded the morning off nicely. 

On Tuesday, John Belsey discovered a Bonaparte's Gull at Upton Warren which I visited on my lunch break becoming my 147th species of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment